Thursday 12 March 2015

18 reasons why Britney is the queen

I know you've got your Yonces and Gagas, and hey, I love those ladies as much the next person - SLAY - but Miss.Britney Jean Spears is the pop princess of my sparkly heart. And here's why (as if you even need telling).

1.) Her midriff was the epitome of the 90s 
Just look at it - it's like a statue to be admired! And tbh, it ain't looking too shabby still to this day. Words from the lady herself: "If you want a hot body, you better work bitch."

2.) I pretended to be her in concert in my living room
Oh yeah. 8-year-old me totally pretended to have a Britney headset on, while strutting up and down that burgundy carpet, pointing out to the crowd with all my might.

3.) THOSE DANCEMOVES
She's a smooth slicker. The amount of time I spent copying the routines from her music video is silly. And also the amount of times I re-enact the routine from 'Crazy' if it comes on when I'm on a night out, is equally as ridiculous.
Girl can even bust out choreography 
 while lying down! Who needs to stand up anyway?

4.) Toxic is a flipping great pop song
Seatbelts on, and ready for take-off through a lesson in phenomenal pop with air hostess Brit.

5.) The metallic leather green top in 'Crazy'
Not gonna lie, still want this now. Not only is 'Crazy' my fave song from Ms.Spears, but it also features one of my fave outfits. Would defo wear this with some high-waisted black skinnies or a maxi skirt. YASS.

6.) And this hot pink and lace green combo in Overprotected
Brave move gurl, brave move. Not many people can pull off a distressed, shredded, button-up hot pink mini skirt, paired with a sheer, lace top with slitted sleeves, layered over a coral bra (that was a mouthful!), but Britney nails it with a shimmy along the way.

7.) She changed school uniforms for the rest of time.
Knee high sock and pigtail plaits were never the same again ever since the words 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' were uttered.

8.) I'd totally still wear this outfit to go on a carousel
In fact, I'd very much like most of Britney's outfits in my wardrobe please kthnxbye. Also, why am I not on carousels for more of my life?! That's surely a crime.

9.) Lucky was more close to home and poetic then she ever even knew
"If there's nothing missing in her life, then why do these tears come at night?"

10.) Slave 4 u era was a hazy, steamy dream of gemstones, smoky eyes and reptiles
BRB while I find a strip of fuschia to bandage around my body. I think I'll skip on the python though...

11.) Oh, and the hair!
How I longed for tousled beach waves, however, my Carmen Angel Curlz curling wand had other ideas. Mainly involving burnt fingers and knotty hair.

12.) She rocks sportswear 
While the rest of us mere mortals have our hair scraped up and slicked back by sweat, B-Swizzle looks like an absolute baller (see what I did there?)

13.) She pulls off a red PVC catsuit like no other
No further questions your honour.

14.) She's the master of sheer nude get-ups
When it comes to strategically placed sparkly gems, she's your girl. Sassy & nekkid (yes, naked) ain't an easy combo to pull off y'know?

15.) The Circus time period was full of magic and whimsy
So underrated, I mean srsly, it's Ms.Spears as a ringmaster in an arena of top hats and sprkly tricks - Cirque de WHO? 

16.) She's sassy as heck
Bitchez to one side pls.

17.) SHE RISED FROM THE ASHES LIKE A GLORIOUS PHEONIX
Yeah yeah, we all remember the head shaving, and let's not talk about the umbrella incident. But hey, gurl had some tough times and was over-worked y'all. We all have our bad stints in life, and she got back up, worked her lil' tush off like only Britney knows how, and now, just look at her soar!

18.) She's the queen y'all!
Nuff' said.

LONG REIGN BRITNEY.
Who's the pop princess of your life?

Stay happy!
Until next time,
A.x

No comments:

Post a Comment