Friday 5 September 2014

Denim Throwback

The 90s are back in full force.
And in the shape of all-singing, all-dancing, all-denim wearing girl band, M.O
Frankee, Nadine and Annie from London have been tweeted by and received praise from Ed Sheeran, and have supported Ciara on tour. Wowzers. But it wan't until I heard the echoes of 90s anthem 'Bring you Flowers' being re-worked and played on the radio, that I became hooked on these girls.
They want to evoke an era of 90s R&B, and that they certainly have. Sampling one of my favourite tunes that is guaranteed to get me on my feet and dancing (although, it doesn't take much), their sound calls back to the days of TLC and En Vogue.
But it's not ust their music that is reminiscent, but their style too. Looking like they've been plucked straight out of the steets of the 90s, these girls sure know how to work their denim and oversized jackets.
90s fashion is something that i've been loving for a long time now. My love affair with 'Clueless' has been around since I was a kid, and Iggy Azelia's video for 'Fancy', only ignited that.
The crop tops. The flatworms. The chokers. They've all crept back into my wardrobe. But jeans and I have always had a love-hate relationship.
Not being a Victoria Secret's model means not having legs that go on for days, and to be honest, I've just never having found mt dream pair of jeans, means that you don't often find me in them. They usually aren't comfortable, or I don't feel comfortable in them and spend the rest of the day fidgeting in them. And don't even get me started on skinny jeans. If there was ever a piece of clothing to make me feel like I was the self-concisous, chubby 13-year-old that I used to be, then that's the ticket. I just haven't met 'The One' yet in the denim world, and while these ones aren't it, but they're pretty damn good.
top:Topshop, jeans:Topshop, shoes:ASOS, necklace:Topshop, belt:Warehouse
90s means all the things that are a 'tick' in my books. High-wasited: check. Ripped: check. Slouchy: check. Teamed with a ribbed, pastel pink number, I couldn't have felt more at home in my childhood era. I even had holographic flatforms - my disco shoes - and a choker to complete it.
You need to check out the video of 'Dance on my Own'. It'll get you dancing, get yo strutting, and get you whipping your denim out before you can say "In West Philadelphia born and raised..."
Are you guys loving this flashback to the 90s we're having? Or do you wish it snapped back to the present day?

Hope you're all well,
Speak soon,
A.x

No comments:

Post a Comment